- Library Home
- Before You Go
- Shoreline Home
If your laptop, tablet or smartphone will not play a Kanopy film, you may need to download the Kanopy app and navigate to the film from within the app.
To set up the app and play a video on your device:
1. Go to the Google Play or Apple store and download the Kanopy app.
2. Create a free account. Use your Shoreline email address if you can. You may need to use another device to verify and activate your account.
3. Log into the Kanopy app with the account you just made
4. You will be prompted to log into the library database page. Log in with your Shoreline email and password.
5. Click on Memberships (in the upper right corner) and search for Shoreline Community Library and select it.
6. To use closed captions go to Settings and enable captions.
7. Ignore the message that says "Your library hasn't made any videos in this category available to its patrons."
8. Go to the navbar and choose documentaries from the dropdown menu.
9. Search for the film you want, select it, and play.
Off campus database access tips